Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Let's get started

On May 21, 2013, I was diagnosed with colon cancer.  I never could have imagined the journey that lay ahead for me.  I didn't even like to say the word "cancer."  And now I had it.  It changes you forever.  I've finished my chemo and I'm on the road to getting life back to normal.  Although I'm not really sure what normal is now. 

I'm writing this blog hoping that it will help someone that is going through cancer.   I know it was a help to me to read about what other people went through.  And if someone you know is going through this, maybe it will help you understand some of what they are going through.  But I'm also writing this for me.  Life has certainly changed over the past year and I think this will be a type of therapy for me.  So at times I may be angry, teary, sad, silly, happy, upset, thankful, blessed.  Cancer is just a cornucopia of emotions!

No comments:

Post a Comment