Monday, May 19, 2014

Power Port

Because my cancer had spread to one lymph node, I was advised to take chemotherapy.  The first step was to have a port placed in my chest below my collar bone.  So back to the operating room I go.  It was done as an outpatient procedure, so I went home later that day.  When the pain meds I received in the hospital wore off,  oh my goodness, I was in pain!  I don't know what they do to you to put this little device in, but I hurt from my neck to my shoulder.  I'm not usually one to take pain pills, but I was sure taking them then.  I made the mistake of taking one on an empty stomach and became very nauseous - right at the time my husband was bringing supper home.  Sorry family!!!

A port is a handy little thing.  No searching for veins when I went for an infusion or blood work.  The poor soles that choose not to get a port!  Their arms looked terrible from months of sticking. 

    PowerPort insertionhttp://powerportadvantage.com/clinicians.html

No comments:

Post a Comment